Do you have pharmaceutical meeting management experience and do you want to work with bright, talented individuals who take pride in their work and also know how to have fun?! You've come to the right place.
Fulltime, based in Utrecht
You are responsible for managing the meeting operations and dedicated staff for an assigned pharmaceutical client. Your goal is to achieve both client and BCD M&E goals related to operations, contractual obligations, profitability of operations, quality of service, preferred vendor maximization, technology implementation, SMM services and business development for assigned client. Pharmaceutical meeting management experience is required.
- Provide leadership and day-to-day management of staff, strategic planning and overall customer satisfaction
- Develop, implement, train and maintain standard operating procedures (SOP's) and tools and templates that will be used consistently across this customer population
- Engage and build relationships with the customers to understand their annual schedule, attendee requirements, expectations for service delivery, on-site support and execution
- Meet and exceed customer expectations by managing customer service levels, quality and productivity and by providing value added solutions and recommendations
- Effectively manage direct reports, setting performance expectations and providing training and skill development based on job function
- Conduct annual and mid-year employee performance reviews
- Recruit, interview, hire and train new staff
- Proactively anticipates operational trends and implements necessary changes in a timely manner
- Interact with the Global Management Team as required to provide leadership and address operational issues in a proactive manner
- Report on program volume, spend, savings and service quality monthly
- Monitor preferred supplier usage and hold team accountable for adherence to preferred supplier relationships
- Own some key projects, initiatives aimed at optimizing our teams service delivery, customer satisfaction, client's overall perception of BCDME
- Pharmaceutical meeting management experience required
- 5 years of experience in meetings management and account/client management and managing outside vendors, sourcing and negotiating contract services
- 3 years of experience in managing professional team
- Ability to travel to for oversight and management of program staff
- First hand experience of domestic and international group travel
About the department
The dedicated Congress team is a team of professional Congress planners that works together to deliver the highest quality Congresses and ancillary meetings to our global pharmaceutical client at congresses throughout the world. The North American team consists of 23 team members, and we are now hiring for teams in Europe, Latin America, and Asia.
What we offer you
In this role you will work on a global account for one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world. This is an exciting job within an international work environment. Our company culture is incredibly supportive and takes employee welfare seriously with a strong emphasis on ethics and corporate social responsibility. You'll be working with a great international team of colleagues. Next to this, we offer you a competitive salary, training, career development and a dynamic work environment.
Your work location
This role is based at our BCD Meetings & Events office in Utrecht.
BCD Meetings & Events is one of the leading global providers of meetings, group incentive travel and creative services for some of the world's biggest brands. Our unique difference is that we bring together resources at a local level, centralize processes on a regional level and leverage our global presence to deliver the value and results our clients set out to achieve. We work collaboratively, creatively, and passionately -- and look to hire experts who do the same.
We are headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across the Americas, Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific -- a combined global work force of more than 1,100 resources and annual sales volume of approximately $992 million. We are an independently managed operating company of BCD Holdings N.V. and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. We are proud of that. We are also one of the best places to work because of our fundamental commitment to our employees. To find out more about our company, visit us at http://www.bcdme.com/.