Are you a hunter looking for a challenging job as a Business Development Manager in the Meetings & Events industry? Join our team in Rijswijk and use your consultative selling and commercial skills to win new customers and help us maintain our industry leading client retention rates.
Business Development Manager- BCD Meetings & Events
Full time, Rijswijk or Utrecht
- Overall responsibility for the successful development, maintenance and growth of the Meetings and Events business in The Netherlands
- Develop and maintain relationships with prospects and current clients, continually appraising of MICE trends and BCD Meetings & Events products and services
- Identify and maintain prospect pipeline in order to achieve local new sales targets annually
- Be the commercial face in our market for internal and external clients. Participate in customer/industry events as appropriate
- Be our Customer Relation Manager (Sales Force) champion to drive client reporting
- Negotiate all client contract terms consistent with company approval processes and commercial policy
- Maintain detailed records and document sales efforts
- Develop business plan, implement key deliverables, measure results
- Oversee the implementation of new business, working closely with our implementation teams to ensure client expectations are always achieved
- 5+ years relevant work experience in a sales position at corporate levelin the meetings & events industry
- Experience with consultative selling
- Effective communication skills, oral, written and presentation
- Highly proficient in English and Dutch spoken and written
- Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally
- Helicopter view on the market with focus on the competitor's strengths and weaknesses
What we offer you
This is an exciting opportunity within an international work environment where you will work closely with other Sales Managers in Europe. Our company culture is incredibly supportive and takes employee welfare seriously with a strong emphasis on ethics and corporate social responsibility. Next to this, we offer you a competitive salary, training and genuine career development opportunities.
How to apply
Is this your next career move? Create a profile and upload your CV and cover letter in English via our website. If you have any questions regarding this job please contact Jeroen de Hooge via Jeroen.de.Hooge@bcdme.com opens an email client application or Guy Verbist via firstname.lastname@example.org opens an email client application. Please send your application via the website, not by e-mail thank you.
Get to know us
BCD Meetings & Events is an independently managed operating company of BCD Group and a sister organization of BCD Travel, the world's third-largest travel management company. BCD Meetings & Events energizes and streamlines the business of meetings and incentives by offering event-level and enterprise-level solutions. Headquartered in Chicago, BCD Meetings & Events employs more than 1000 people and operates in over 40 countries. For more information, visit www.bcdme.com .