We are looking for an experienced and strong analytic:
Full-time: 40h/week, Location: Dubai, UAE
What you tell your friends you do:
As our Finance Controller, you will be responsible to manage accounting records, overseeing accounting operations and analyzing financial data of the Dutch Pavilion during Expo 2020. You will be a part of our unique Biotope in the middle of the desert of Dubai. Where we harvest water, generate electricity and grow food, offering an experience to the Expo visitors that appeals to all five senses.
What you really do:
- Prepare financial reports.
- Analyze financial data.
- Monitor internal controls.
- Oversee and prepare income statements of the restaurant, boutique and the events.
- Participate in budgeting processes.
- Manage financial transactions.
- Streamline accounting functions and operations.
- Coordinate audit processes.
- Demonstrate exemplary high level behavior
- Balance the right priorities
- Continue to work effectively while not losing sight of quality standards
- Clear reports to the Pavilion Director.
The ideal candidate we are looking for:
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Fluent in English – Written & Verbal
- Experience in UAE is a plus.
- Proven experience in finance management.
- A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure.
- Good communication skills & strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Sound knowledge of accounting fundamentals.
- Proficiency in accounting software & auditing experience
- Compliance oriented & analytical skills.
You will be part of an energetic team and collaborate with people from all over the world. You will report to the Netherlands Pavilion Director, Mr. Niels Bouwman and the GL events Management team.
What you get:
- It concerns a position for 7 months, starting from 1st of September 2021 until 1st of April 2022.
- The Expo opens its doors 7 days a week, from 10 AM-01 AM on weekdays and until 02 AM in weekends. The opening hours of the Dutch Pavilion will be from 10 AM – 10 PM. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available on non-office hours, including weekends depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Your remuneration package will consist of basic salary, housing, transport allowance, flight to come and return to your home country, meal allowance, visa and insurance.
We are looking for a team-player! Are you looking for a lifetime experience? Send your application to join our team.