Are you social, proactive and organized?
We are seeking a skilled Event Manager to join our Rockstart Spaces team on a full-time basis in Amsterdam. Your primary responsibility will be to plan and execute all Rockstart related events. You will report to the Head of Spaces and you will align closely with our Accelerator and Corporate program teams, being active in all aspects of our event-related initiatives.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Owning the entire process of planning, executing and evaluating events based on client briefings: creating scripts and budgets, communicating with vendors, setting up venues and catering, gathering and briefing teams, troubleshooting during events and participating in evaluation;
-Providing operational support with creating event marketing material, event evaluation forms and event-related communication;
- Create commercial proposals for external parties who rent our event space;
- Set up and maintain partnerships with suppliers, negotiating deals and conducting regular evaluations;
- Ensure top quality, smooth operations and cost efficiency organized Rockstart events;
- Other ad-hoc tasks, including support on facility and internal team events.
- 1-3 years experience in a similar role;
- Fluent in English, Dutch is preferred;
- Affinity with the startup ecosystem;
- Living in Amsterdam;
- A strong eye for detail;
- Flexibility to work outside 9 to 5;
- Knowledge of the local market and a local network of suppliers is preferred;
- Customer/stakeholder satisfaction oriented;
- Proactive, entrepreneurial, results-oriented, positive can-do attitude with an ability to work effectively in a non-hierarchical environment.
Start: February 2020
Availability: 40 hours per week.
Duration: This is a long-term position starting with a temporary contract.
Remuneration: Based on experience and knowledge.
If you have any further questions about the role, please don’t hesitate to contact Roy de Weerd (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please check this page for more information on our working culture and this page for more information about Rockstart Spaces.
A bit about Rockstart
Rockstart launched in 2011 in Amsterdam as one of Europe’s first startup accelerators. Today, Rockstart is an international company that supports and empowers the best startups on their way to success across four domains: Energy, Health, AgriFood, and Emerging technologies. We provide startups with access to capital, market, community, and expertise by connecting them to partners, investors, mentors and the wider Rockstart network.
Rockstart also creates programs that are customized to boost collaboration between startups and corporates, driving faster access to co-creation, commercial partnerships, and investment. Rockstart has experience in designing and executing programs for Maersk, Shell, Dutch Ministry of Health, and many others.
Since its inception, Rockstart has invested in 200+ startups and supported them in their journey to raise more than €89 million and hire more than 720 people. Rockstart is an international team of 35+ professionals dedicated to support and empower startups to become scalable and change their world for the better.