We are looking for an experienced and dynamic:
Deputy Pavilion Director
Full-time: 40h/week, Location: Dubai, UAE
What you tell your friends you do:
As our Deputy Pavilion Director, you will be responsible for the overall quality, organisation and management of the Netherlands Pavilion in collaboration with the Pavilion Director. You will be a part of our unique Biotope in the middle of the desert of Dubai. Where we harvest water, generate electricity and grow food, offering an experience to the Expo visitors that appeals to all five senses.
What you really do:
- You will build and maintain a team of people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- You are responsible for the line management of the operation teams to ensure staff fulfill their duties efficiently.
- You are the first point of contact (when the pavilion director is not available) for contractors, suppliers, the Expo organization, and more.
- You are welcoming and greeting VIP delegations (consider for instance the Dutch government and executive delegates), both with and without the Pavilion Director.
- You will secure a 5-star Dutch hospitality experience delivery for the duration of the Expo. Guaranteeing the quality and continuity of our hospitality, shop and exhibition concept.
- You are managing the hospitality and facility management supervisors, leading their meetings and evaluate their reports.
- You will act as the liaison between the staff and clients.
- You are capable of dealing with issues as they arise.
- You are responsible for reporting on the operational state to the Pavilion Director and GL events.
- You will ensure compliance with the Expo policy and procedures.
- You are driving the development of the Pavilion’s operational and business model. This includes the financial plan, marketing and human resources.
The ideal candidate we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrated high level in written and oral communication skills in English; Dutch language is a plus.
- Ability to manage large and diverse teams.
- Significant experience in hospitality and operation management.
- Extensive experience in operating a large-scale venue, museum or exhibition centre.
- Relevant experience in curating and overseeing the development of exhibits from beginning to end.
Team in a nutshell
You will be part of an energetic team and collaborate with people from all over the world. You will report to the Netherlands Pavilion Director, Mr. Niels Bouwman and the GL events Management team.
What you get:
- It concerns a temporary position for 7 months, starting from 1st of September 2021 until 1st of April 2022.
- The Expo opens its doors 7 days a week, from 10 AM-01 AM on weekdays and until 02 AM in weekends. The opening hours of the Dutch Pavilion will be from 10 AM – 10 PM. Although you work 40 hours a week, you need to be available on non-office hours, including weekends depending on the event planning of the pavilion.
- Your remuneration package will consist of basic salary, housing, transport allowance, flight to come and return to your home country, meal allowance, visa and insurance.
We are looking for a team-player! Are you looking for a lifetime experience?